About Me

My photo
Youngest child of six , Sarah is honored to be exploring the beautiful state of California while experiencing great opportunities that she is open to explore . She is currently a licensed ZUMBA and Kickboxing Instructor, and is thriving to enhance her knowledge about the fitness industry. During her stay in Ojai this summer she wishes to establish new relationships with fellow fitness enthusiasts and help others feel wonderful & stress-free about living a healthier life style . Sarah is studying Fitness & Wellness Leadership at Plattsburgh State along with minors in Athletic Coach, Business, & Marketing.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day Four: 34 Mile Bike Ride to Ventura Beach


After a LONG 34mile bike ride from Ojai to Ventura Beach , around town & back , I can honestly say that was a 1st for me !   The Ojai Valley Trail was a beautiful route that took me through different towns , mountains , backyards of homes , farms , construction sites , across rivers, etc . . .  This trail later then joined with the Ventura River Trail which led me TO THE BEACH :)   The weather was a bit chilly for most people here but I LOVED IT !   This time of the year is most known as June Gloom because of the increased overcast from the mountains and the chillier weather .   Once I arrived at the beach I rode around the boardwalk & then to the pier .   For lunch I headed downtown and bought myself some delish pineapple-bacon-peperoni pizza !   & of course it didn't stop there . . . there was a local Ben & Jerry's shop and I fell in love with the 7 Layer Coconut Bar Ice Cream , YUM YUM ! !

The ride back to The Oaks was a bit challenging as I was riding uphill this time and not down.  But I made it back safe and sound , with a little pit stop on the way to get some junk food for the room !  Shhh . . . don't tell :P

2 comments:

  1. Wow that looks incredible.. did you go in the water too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no! It has been a bit chilly here these past few days . The only bodies of water I've been in were heated pools and jacuzzi's . Haha , Next time I will for sure get my butt in :)

    ReplyDelete