About Me

My photo
Youngest child of six , Sarah is honored to be exploring the beautiful state of California while experiencing great opportunities that she is open to explore . She is currently a licensed ZUMBA and Kickboxing Instructor, and is thriving to enhance her knowledge about the fitness industry. During her stay in Ojai this summer she wishes to establish new relationships with fellow fitness enthusiasts and help others feel wonderful & stress-free about living a healthier life style . Sarah is studying Fitness & Wellness Leadership at Plattsburgh State along with minors in Athletic Coach, Business, & Marketing.

Monday, June 13, 2011

One Week Down!

Hey all , already it has been one week that I have been at The Oaks .   It has gone by pretty quickly , but I would like for it to SLOW DOWN !! Haha   Tomorrow & Wednesday I have off so I am looking forward to the warm sunshine on the beaches of Santa Barbara as I continue with my journey around California .   During the past few days, I have met some really great people !   Some have checked out of The Oaks already but it was a pleasure to have met them , taught classes for them, led the morning hikes for them , & just get to know them more on a personal level .  One woman I have met is neighbors of 2 stunt doubles ; Catherin Zeta Jones & Vince Von , another woman is really good friends with a brief case # 2 gall from Deal or No Deal , I've met a Hanes Underwear model / talk show host, and then you have the lovely mothers and daughters who are looking to spend quality time with one another .  I would not be surprised if other great guest (possibly celebs) will show up during my stay here.

Other then teaching classes / hikes at The Oaks , I am also experiencing work at the corporate office , The Nest ( small retail shop within the spa ) , providing dinner services for guests , front desk duties , & whatever else they throw at me :)   This is really a great experience to cover all aspects of what it feels like to run a fitness spa resort . . . . bottom straight to the tippy top ! !

On another note , THE FOOD HERE HAS BEEN AMAZING ! ! !  Meals are prepared to be no more than 1000 calories a day for the guests .  Me on the other hand have been eating athletic portions so my caloric intake is higher .   Because I have been eating super healthy , my energy has be great during the day .   For breakfast I eat oatmeal with fresh fruit jam / apple sauce , 3 small muffins , fresh fruit , and a hard boiled egg .  When 12 o'clock rolls around , lunch is served normally as a soup , salad, entree , and a small dessert .  During dinner time the chiefs prepare a salad  with an entree & small dessert.  Then through out the course of the day they serve fresh veggies with a very healthy dip, along with smoothies , and popcorn at night..... no salt or butter is used .

Well I suppose I should end this post here so I do not overwhelm all of you .  There is just so much to share and yet I've been here for only a week so far .  If there is anything more you would like to know about this facility , about my internship program , or anything else feel free to ask :)   <3

No comments:

Post a Comment